Saturday, 14 February 2009

Elinchrom Skyports - Faulty Lead supplied!

These remote radio triggers arrived on Friday along with the hotshoes from FlashZebra.com to connect to my 580EX and 430EX II speedlights.

I purchased the Universal Trigger set as well as an additional receiver.

After help from Lon @ FlashZebra (great help and support) I found out that the leads supplied by Elinchrom were faulty! I am using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm lead to connect the Skyport to the hotshoe.

I have sent an email to Elinchrom and also registered the products on their website. I'll let you know if they have been of any help.

Here is the result from a very simple test. The faulty lead was swapped over for each shot, receivers, hotshoes and flashes stayed in the same position.


I would have expected better QC from a Swiss company.

EDIT - After contacting FlashCamera.com (UK support for Elinchrom) I was able to get a replacement lead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Website: www.ramyadphotography.com