Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Rotterdam, The Netherlands (lost camera)

On a work trip to Rotterdam I took along my Canon 5D MkII and 24-105 F4L IS lens (why I am listing my equipment, you will find out about in a little while...)

After a long day at work, I took my camera out for a walk around Rotterdam to wind down and capture some of the unique sights and architecture of this modern city. And this is a modern city due it being levelled in the World War. I like the way it is laid out but I found it quite sterile and lacking character/soul.

Oh, and everything seems to close at 10pm. Being born and bred in England and considering myself as British, I and my colleagues are used to eating and drinking late.

Don't get me wrong though, I do like Rotterdam and its people. I love the way people say hello and goodbye when they enter and exit the lifts. Oh, and a "shandy" is called a Panaché or a Snow White, depending on how trendy the bar is.

Returning to the UK and on the way back home, which was on Thursday 15th Oct, I lost my camera bag!!! It contained my gear and a couple of books, carton of cigs, Ray Ban sunglasses and some maps. I basically stepped out of the London Black Cab, picked up my suitcase from the front of the cab and turned to walk into London Bridge to catch the train home.

Feeling a little lighter, not sure why as I scoffed as mush as I usually do, I then realised I did not have my back pack!! Doh! As I turn and see the taxi leave the canopy of London Bridge, the expletives pour from my mouth.

And I was sober!

More to come...












2 comments:

  1. Ram

    What a terrible thing to happen! Hope you will be able to get it back - I presume you did not get the cab's license plate number?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a terrible thing to happen and entirely my fault. I'll post an update in my next blog entry. Thanks for the concern.

    ReplyDelete

My Website: www.ramyadphotography.com